Bridging the Gap (BTG): A Basic Training for Medical Interpreters
The course is an 80-hour professional development program that prepares bilingual individuals to work as medical interpreters. It is a nationally recognized course used to train novice and experienced medical interpreters.
This Course Covers:
- Basic Interpreting Skills: Roles, ethics, conduit and clarifier interpreting, managing the flow of the session.
- Information on Health Care: Introduction to the health care system, anatomy, physiology, and basic medical procedures.
- Culture in Interpreting: Self-awareness, basic characteristics of specific cultures, traditional health care in specific communities, culture brokering.
- Communication Skills for Advocacy: Listening skills, communication styles, how doctors think, approve advocacy.
- Professional Development: Effective communication, professional conduct, self-care, resources for professional growth.
The total cost of the course is $550.00. For additional information please contact our office:
708-430-6995, ext 4
Application and Information Sheet: